The Graduate Group in Nutritional Biology is a cooperative interdepartmental organization of more than 73 faculty from 17 departments in three colleges. Students may pursue the M.S. or Ph.D. degree in nutritional biology while studying under the direction of any member of the graduate group.[more]
If they wish, doctoral students in nutritional biology can choose to be admitted into the Designated Emphasis in International and Community Nutrition or the Designated Emphasis in Biotechnology. [more]
Congratulations to Dr. David Dallas (GGNB class of 2012) who will begin a new position as an Assistant Professor at Oregon State University in the College of Public Health and Human Sciences starting in January 2016. [more]
News & Events
- Liz Applegate presents on “Lessons Learned from 60,000 Nutrition 10 students -- 31+ Years of Experiences and Musings” [more]
- GGNB Monday Seminar Schedule for Spring Qtr 2016 is now available (updated 4/6/2016) [schedule]
- GGNB Student Symposium postponed to Fall Quarter
- Yousef Al-Dashti, Lauren Brink, Selina Hu, Shannon McClorry, Ziwei Wang, Barket Ullah, Harriet Okronipa, Zack Pierce, Shara Sheldon, and Trevor Zhu passed their preliminary exams. Jennie Sotelo passed her qualifying exam.
- Suangsuda Supasai graduated and started a post-doc working on neurotoxicity, Department of Molecular Biosciences. Tara Rogers graduated and started a post-doc at the Center for Musculoskeletal Health, UCDMC
- Debbie Fetter selected to participate in 2016 Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science poster competition at EB and receives Carpenter Travel Award. Ziwei Wang receives Jastro Award.
- Carolyn Slupsky selected as a 2015-2016 Chancellor’s Fellow [more]
- Angela Zivkovic presents at GGNB seminar on "The Changing Face of Lipoproteins: the New Era of Glycobiology" [more]
- UC Davis Nutrition Department recruiting for Assistant Professor of Nutrition Science with a preferred emphasis in Micronutrient Metabolism [more]
- GGNB Survival Guide for Students (2015-2016) has been released [more]
- The 2015 GGNB New Student Orientation Event was held on September 22nd and was a great success! [more]
- Dr. Bo Lonnerdal elected as Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition